Amy Mayer, a Google Certified Teacher, Google Certified Trainer, a CUE Lead Learner for the Google Teacher Academy, and a passionate educator who is on a crusade to inspire us to join the future. Amy is eager to help educators and business people make a quantum leap toward the now. "When you're 10 years behind and 50 years old, there is not enough time for incremental change." Even young teachers and professionals need this insight, after all, the most profound factor in how we operate is the instinctive replication of our digital immigrant pasts.
Director of Staff Development and District Initiatives
- Huntsville I.S.D.
- Jul 2, 2012
Coordinator for Marketing, Comm, and Instructional Tech
- Education Service Center, Region 6
- Aug 1, 2011 - Jun 29, 2012
- Evangelizing Technology Integration to the masses with tools like Google Education Apps, Prezi, and Wix. Contact me to join the 21st Century
- Fried Technology
- Oct 1, 2010 - Aug 1, 2011
- Fried Technology provides quality consulting and presentation services to educational entities and businesses. Learn how your district or business can . . . *Leverage the power of Google with Google Apps (free for education) *Join the largely free and always exciting world of Web 2.0/Cloud Computing *Implement Moodle *Learn about Digital Immigration *Manage your website with Joomla (service from Fried Designs) *Effectively use Facebook, Twitter, and Blogs *Understand the fundamental shift described in The World is Flat, and the coming changes explored in Disrupting Class and A Whole New Mind.
Coordinator for Instructional Technology
- Conroe Independent School District
- Sep 1, 2004 - Aug 1, 2011
“This session was extremely informative and BLEW MY MIND. ”Sherri Farr
“Amy was so personable and had a great sense of humor. It made a 6 hour workshop FLY by.”Courtney Traina
“Loved it...loved her! Great presenter, very time conscious, concise and clear. Thank you for exposing me to so many new ideas!”Adrienne Sodemann
“I've gained a fresh look about how to integrate new technology...and how to be in tune with what's new now, and what's to come!”Anonymous
“I am smarter because Amy came today.”Denise Ansley