B.L. Ochman: Uniquely experienced, ROI-focused executive integrated marketing communications & emerging media strategist
Actively seeking consulting assignments, Google+ Events & Coaching & YouTube Channel Creation. Will consider a great opportunity as SVP Digital
15 years executive digital marketing & communications & strategy
Google Partner, Certified Google+ Coach & YouTube Channel Creator
- Clients include: Cendant, Meijer, Ford Motors; IBM, Simon & Schuster, American Greetings, McGraw- Hill, Transitions Lenses, Right Management, Mrs. Fields Cookies & TCBY
- Social media campaigns include: virtual field trips for schools via Google+, a branded Facebook game for Transitions Lenses & Up Your Budget, a ground-breaking online Treasure Hunt for Cendant that achieved one million unique visits and 10 million pageviews in 4 weeks
- Accolades and street cred: One of 25 of The Most Powerful and Influential Women in Social Media 2010 and 2014; Top 150 Social Media Influencers 2012; AdAge Power 150 blogger. Contributor to AdAge Digital Next, Mashable, MediaPost and BusinessWeek. Blogger since 2001 at What's Next Blog. Speaker at more than 25 conferences, often as keynote, on social media and digital communications.
Managing Director Digital Strategy, Founder
- Apr 1, 2012 - Current
- whatsnextonline helps forward-thinking companies and agencies integrate social and emerging media into their online marketing strategies. I believe social marketing needs to move beyond cool concepts and philosophy (which you cannot eat or use to pay the bills) into evidence-based, result-oriented campaigns that drive growth and build reputation. My virtual agency is a consortium of the top experts in all aspects of Internet marketing and social media. We'll create high-yield, ROI-focused strategies and campaigns that will help you build traffic and sales, create brand evangelists, get better search engine listings, and cut through the rampant marketing jargon and puffery so you can you beat the pants off your competition. Our achievements include: - a proven record creating effective Internet strategy by integrating social and emerging media into social marketing results, - identification of brand influencers, research and analysis of online conversation about your company & its competitors, coupled with strategic recommendations for increased sales - creation and promotion of highly successful experiential marketing campaigns ranging from online contests to Facebook games and community creation, - digital reputation management - social media coaching - demonstrated ability to map out a marketing strategy and drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics - high-yield blog advertising campaigns
Managing Director Digital Communications, Co-founder since 2012
- Jan 1, 2012 - Current
- Start-up pet lovers’ site, advertising supported, featuring a popular pet blog and proprietary software visitors can use to create and send e-cards featuring their pets’ photos, decorated with thought bubbles, mustaches, hats and more.
Publisher since 2002
- What's Next Blog
- Apr 1, 2002 - Current
- Emerging media and social marketing news and trends blog with an international following, rated one of the top 150 Marketing Blogs of 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008. What's Next Blog is an AdAge Power 150 Blog with an international following.
Senior Creative Technologist (contractual)
- AFS Intercultural Programs
- Jul 1, 2011 - Mar 1, 2012
- (Contractual) Created strategy, timeline, content plan, community management plan, and budget for a global online and mobile community for the more than 500,000 current and former participants in this 75-country non-profit foreign exchange program for high school students.
Managing Director of Emerging Media
- Proof Integrated Communications
- Jan 1, 2010 - May 1, 2011
- Proof IC is a WPP-owned, full-service digital marketing agency Creator of cutting edge, multi-media campaign strategies for Fortune 100 clients of WPP-owned digital marketing agency Clients: Transitions Lenses, Right Management, Spring Mountain Capital, Sony • Chief architect, Proof Pulse, cutting edge social media tracking and analysis portal. Sold it to three major clients in one month • Conceived and directed the creation of “Sightings” – a new Facebook game promoting Transitions Lenses through online and offline social interaction • Designed first-ever, year-long social media strategy and program for Transitions Lenses, including precisely targeted earned media outreach and top- blog and StumbleUpon advertising programs • Performed social media education and training for executive teams of Right Management, Transitions and Spring Mountain Capital • Wrote social media policy and blog content policy for Proof and its parent, Burson-Marsteller
EVP Digital Communications Strategy, Founder
- whatsnextonline.com, Inc.
- Apr 1, 1996 - Dec 31, 2009
- • On and off-site new media marketing training for Ford Motors, IBM. Up Your Budget: first online treasure hunt: 10 million page views, 1 million unique visits in 4 weeks, with no traditional marketing or PR • Created award-winning Clutter Control Freak, a 25-author blog for Stacks & Stacks that generates one in every 16 visits to the company website • Blog advertising campaign for American Greetings which CMO called their “highest yield in any online campaign”
Founder & CEO
- Oct 1, 2013 - Current
- Google+ Strategy, Events & Training Strategic event production and training for brands, associations, educators and agencies in the use of Google+ platform and producer of private and public, free and paid streaming events. Producer of virtual field trips for schools and paid, private Hangout events for brands.
“As a Social Media Consultant, what BL delivered was truly impressive...she opened our eyes to the opportunities that social can bring to Meijer. I credit BL for helping the organization build the confidence to embrace this new territory. ”Jonathan Dodge, MeijerClient
“A true force in emerging media. BL always had an arsenal of good ideas that made business sense for our clients but also kept the agency thinking bigger and longer term about the possibilities of digital. ”Bill Kemp, U.S. Digital Chair at Proof ICManager
“The Up Your Budget campaign achieved these great results for less than the cost of one 30-second ad. ”Cendant CMO to the New York TimesClient
“B.L.'s deep understanding of the uses and role of digital tactics within larger, integrated communications strategies contributed value to our clients. For instance, she developed a customized Facebook game for one of our clients that was implemented with enthusiasm by the client”Pat Ford, President & CEO, USA, Burson-MarstellerManagement
“BL gets social media marketing better than anybody. ”Henry Copeland CEO, BlogadsVendor
“Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, Creative. BL is, without question, the deepest expert I could find to interface with my very important clients. Not only that, but her strong professional passion helped bring immense clarity. Her integrity, vision, and broad purview is rare.”Suzanne LoweClient
“In addition to her strong understanding of digital and interactive media, BL provided the agency with ongoing creative thinking and strategic development that benefitted Proof, its employees, and its offerings. ”Tony Telloni, CEO, ProofManager
““B.L Ochman… is one of the most astute, bright and wonderfully friendly people on the planet” ”Steve Hall, Publisher of AdrantsJournalist