Zig Ziglar: "You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." I help companies get what they want, such as growth, stability, or a worthy market presence.
How can I help you?
Click through my Portfolio below (hi-res version at SlideShare) and email me by clicking that little Envelope up there. I would love to hear from you.
Marketing and Communication Consulting
- Self Employed
- Jan 1, 2012 - Current
- Marketing and communication consulting for local and regional clients. Projects include Business Development, Copywriting, Positioning, Collateral Development, and more.
COO / Minister of Communication & Strategy
- Oct 1, 2008 - Dec 31, 2011
- Responsibilities - Business Management: Leadership, measurement, and accountability. - Business Development: Growth strategy, software development, and new procedures. - Head of Marketing & Communication: Brand Management, Social Media, Writing, Advertising, Publicity, Internal Culture, and Training. - Head of Corporate Strategy: Deciding where to play and how to win. (Roger Martin) - Buyback Traffic Cop: Large-scale project management. Specific accomplishments available on request.
Account Manager / Media Producer
- Southern Growth Studio
- May 1, 2007 - Sep 30, 2008
- Responsibilities - Client Relations: Managing and growing accounts. - Research and Analysis: Market data, competitive landscape, strategic opportunities, original demographic research, branding recommendations, and much more. - Media Production: Photography, videography, and audio production. Specific accomplishments available on request.
- Duncan Classic Videography
- Apr 1, 2004 - May 1, 2007
- Responsibilities - Video Production: Shot and edited weddings according to clients' specific requests. - Entrepreneurial Business Management: Booking clients, meeting with clients to determine needs, conducting sales, website development, scouting locations, and much more. Specific accomplishments available on request.
- University of Mississippi
- Oct 1, 2002 - May 1, 2007
- Taught English literature and writing of all kinds, including some experimental and pilot courses. Helped over 500 students learn to write and think critically.
Director of Communication
- The Tennessee STEM Innovation Network
- Jun 4, 2012 - Current
- The TSIN is a unique public-private collaboration between the Tennessee Department of Education and Battelle Memorial Institute designed to promote and expand the teaching and learning of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) education in K-12 public schools across Tennessee.
“Luke has a keen analytical mind and can manage several projects without losing a beat, all while zooming into the details and applying a creative lens and insight that gets real, tangible results. He is tireless, hard working, smart, and clients really like him. As a bonus, Luke is a gadget-geek, a professional video-grapher, and photographer.”Michael GraberManaging Partner, Southern Growth Studio
“Luke is a very thorough planner. After working alongside him, I can highly recommend his ability to think strategically and prepare for every possible scenario. He has put many new processes in place at BookFool to make our operation run smoothly and more efficiently.”Casey PickerColleague at BookFool.com
“I interned with Luke at BookFool.com and learned more than I ever could have hoped or expected. Luke introduced me to the wonderful world of marketing, Web analytics, client relations and more. He was an excellent leader, giving me opportunities for challenge and growth while providing direction and valuable instruction. Luke's creativity abounds, and his good humor, reliability and leadership made him a pleasure to work with and learn from.”Eileen FickesColleague at BookFool.com
University of Mississippi