Marketing professional with MBA: 15+ years in marketing for B2B and consumer brands. Experience includes social, digital & print media, trade shows, training & education.
Social & Digital Media: 5+ years social media strategy and projects for major brands, including Disney, Formica, Behr Paint, Green Builder Media, Poggenpohl, KraftMaid Cabinetry. Networks include Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, SlideShare, Instagram, Google+, YouTube, Flickr.
Senior Digital Communications Manager
- PRISM part of the WPP Group
- Dec 12, 2012 - Jul 15, 2013
- Senior Digital Communications Manager for the Ford Motor Company website, www.corporate.ford.com. PRISM - What We Do: The bottom line is that we use our vast client and activity experience to shape successful solutions to our client's problems. We like to call it Intelligent Activation because no great strategy was ever successful without an equally great execution. Visit prismteam.com to learn more.
- Aug 1, 2011 - Current
- MARKITECT.me specializes in marketing, education and social media for the building products industry. Mark Johnson - FAIA, is principal of the firm, with nearly 30 years experience as a bridge-builder between the design community and building product manufacturers. Email me at email@example.com.
National Director, Social + Virtual Media
- Green Builder Media
- Jan 1, 2012 - Dec 15, 2012
- Our mission is to effect meaningful, positive change for a better world. As advocates for sustainability, we provide mind-expanding information that catalyzes and inspires commitment to sustainable living.
Advisory Board Chairman
- Architectural Research Associates
- Jan 1, 2009 - Current
- Contributer and editor for research studies at ARA. Adviser to building product manufacturers on best practices for reaching architects and designers.
Contributing Writer + Blogger
- Design Associations & Shelter Publications
- Jan 1, 2004 - Current
- Contributing Writer and Blogger for Design Associations & Shelter Publications
Director, Architect Relations & Education
- Masco Cabinetry
- May 1, 2010 - Aug 1, 2011
- Led Masco Cabinetry's efforts to grow sales through Industry Association involvement (AIA, AIBD, NKBA, AISD, IIDA, NAHB, NARI, USGBC) while building brand loyalty through teaching Continuing Education courses. Oversaw development of Google SketchUp 3D Cabinet Collections to drive product specifications for architectural projects. Represented the brands as speaker and "industry thought leader" at conferences and trade shows.
Director of Sales+Marketing Education
- Masco Retail Cabinet Group
- May 1, 2009 - May 1, 2010
- Led education and training department for sales organization and channel customers with emphasis on design education, selling skills and CAD technology training. Marketing lead to the trade for CEU education courses including new products, green design, Universal Design (aging-in-place), 3D CAD design tools. Oversee KraftMaid Learning Center, staff of 4, and budget of $1.2 million. Conceived, implemented, and manage KraftMaid’s Google 3D model building product strategy.
Senior Manager, Architecture + Design Marketing
- Whirlpool Corporation
- Mar 1, 2003 - Oct 1, 2008
- Led trade relations and marketing programs to reach architects, designers and building industry, capture product specifications, and increase sales. Worked closely with multiple brands to build product loyalty within design community, introduce 3D CAD product selection/specification tools and establish “Green” leadership position.
Director, Building Solutions
- CertainTeed Corporation
- Oct 1, 1996 - Feb 1, 2003
- Implemented Builder, Architect, and Remodeler marketing programs across seven divisions to create trade and professional “communities” loyal to CertainTeed residential roofing, siding, windows, insulation, decking, ventilation and foundation products. Worked closely with Marketing Vice Presidents and National Sales Managers in developing cross-divisional marketing and field sales training.
“Mark's leadership in marketing, education, trade relations, design technology and social media for Masco and the building products industry has helped take the industry to a whole new age of technology. He led the team that created over 2,000 3D cabinet models, downloaded over 2 million times from the Google 3D Warehouse. Mark is a respected spokesperson within the design industry, speaking at industry shows, blogging for leading online publications, and a frequent host for LIVE designer chats that leverage his network of over 11,000 Twitter followers. Mark's ability to engage and train his audience always leaves them wanting more.”John Czerwonka - VP of Sales, Masco CabinetryProject Manager
“Mark understands that effective social media engagement builds relationships, uncovers opportunities and heightens brand awareness. We partnered with Mark to engage bloggers and industry influencers by way of events at two major tradeshows. His counsel and diligence helped to produce outstanding events. His business acumen had him tracking the events’ online engagement to produce meaningful analytics. Mark not only ‘gets’ social media, he recognizes its bottom-line value. Congratulations to Mark on receiving the 2012 Be2Award for ‘Best AEC PR/Marketing Campaign’ for our Formica Group collaboration.”Laura A. Phillips - VP Client Services, Vehr Communications, LLCCollaborator
“I have had the opportunity to work with Mark in two different companies. We worked together at Whirlpool Corp and then I brought him in as a member of my team at KraftMaid Cabinetry. He is incredibly passionate and driven, able to ideate, execute and follow-up with limited resources. He is well connected in the A&D community and knows how to drive awareness and preference for your brands with that audience. I highly recommend him and his skill set for anyone wishing to make a connection with A&D community particularly if you are seeking someone who stays on top of technology trends! ”Mara Villanueva-Heras - VP of Marketing, Armstrong FlooringManager
“Mark is one of the industry's most respected leaders in Continuing Education innovation, BIM product development and Green and Sustainable methods advancement. I have enjoyed working with Mark on many projects and highly recommend him. ”Dan Sater II - President, The Sater Group, Inc. and AIBD National PresidentColleague
“Mark has a lot of street cred with architects and designers and their trade associations. Mark is both a thought leader as well as an implementer of education and communication tools serving both the needs of designers and manufacturers. A person who understands the difference between bleeding edge and leading edge.”Jim Plucker - Trade Marketing Manager, Hearth and Home Technologies, Inc.Colleague
“Mark made a remarkable contribution as a Sponsoring Organization and part of the visionary team behind the AIBD 'Live Home Design' Competition (Aurora Award) at the South East Builders Convention. For the past several years this prestigious award had brought together some of the South’s leading Designers to design a custom home 'on the fly' incorporating Whirlpools products. Mark has been on the leading edge of bringing home design solutions to the trade and marketplace. He is an asset to anyone lucky enough to have him on their team.”Susan P. Berry - ASID, AIBD, Designer, CEO, Classical Home Design, Inc.Colleague
“Mark is wonderful person to have on your team. He is a true driver of innovation and a creative thinker. I am very inspired by his ability to connect with people and collaborate to make big things happen. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him for over 2 years. Mark has a positive and energetic spirit that combined with his intellect and ability to communicate gets the attention and action of the right people.”Nancy Butner - Contract Marketing Manager, Whirlpool CorporationColleague
Washington University in St. Louis - Olin Business School
University of California, Los Angeles
Architecture & Urban Design