I’m Mitzi Connell and I stay busy teaching & sharing what the view is like from Beyond Maxed Out. I’ve walked away from “security” several times to do the stuff that others dream about doing, but are too scared to try. I’ve taken giant leaps off proverbial high cliffs and found my wings on the way down. I’ve built brands, businesses, concepts, events. I have felt like a success. I have felt like a failure. I’ve experienced firsthand the physical, mental, and emotional damage that happens when burnout arrives. I’ve also learned how to heal from it.
Connect with me & discover what could be different in your life if you chose to stop playing small! Learn to look fear in the eye, give it a sexy wink, and do the scary sh*t anyway. Find ways to stay connected to Self, going to your own personal edge, and taking measures all the while to avoid burnout.
Too late? Already burned out, drained, numb, and paralyzed with no knowledge of what to do next? Let’s talk. I’ll show you how to recover…to soften…to breathe deeply…to find ease…and to create wiser ways to share your massive talents with the world again.
There is wisdom on the other side of all of this. I would be honored to help you discover it for yourself.
- We can schedule private intuitive sessions.
- I have downloadables to help you restore you and lift your spirits.
- Learn about toxins that may be impeding your health.
- Educate yourself on amazing superfoods that will bring you back to YOU.
I’m an intuitive entrepreneur, sharing the superior health & wellness solutions of Isagenix.
I'm a Hatha Yoga teacher. Every year, I organize the largest yoga event in North Alabama: Rocket City Yoga Week – bringing our entire yoga community together on the mat for 7 days of free
Radio Sales Executive
- Oct 10, 1994 - Jun 14, 1996
- Randstad Staffing
- Jun 17, 1996 - Mar 31, 1999
- Best Dishes To You
- Feb 1, 1999 - Mar 10, 2006
- Full-service personal chef, creating customized menus & healthy meals for busy professionals
411 Call Center Recruiter
- Apr 5, 1999 - Sep 10, 2004
Promoted to Sr. Sales Recruiter
- Sep 13, 2004 - Jun 9, 2006
Global Recruiter & Project Planner
- Jun 19, 2006 - May 1, 2009
- Mitzi Connell
- May 4, 2009 - Current
- Since 2009, I've been a Hatha yoga teacher, offering private sessions, workshops, customized Align & Wine events, corporate wellness programs, and yoga for professional athletes. I've been the yoga teacher for Milwaukee Brewers' AA baseball team, the Huntsville Stars. TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS • Registered with Yoga Alliance at E-RYT200® level • Trained & certified by White Lotus Foundation in Santa Barbara, CA • Possess Federal Security Clearance: MBI, Level 5 – Moderate Risk Public Trust. (Adjudication date: 02/10/2012)
- Rocket City Yoga Week 2013
- Jun 10, 2013
- The inaugural Rocket City Yoga Week launched with 12 teachers offering 24 classes. By week's end, we had taught almost 700 students! My final class under the Saturn V Rocket at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center had 108 students.
- Rocket City Yoga Week 2014
- Jun 2, 2014
- The 2nd annual Rocket City Yoga Week's totals doubled & tripled the 2013 numbers. This year, we had 25 teachers offering 58 classes. My final class under the Saturn V Rocket at the U.S. Space & Rocket Center had 241 students and our total attendance for the week was 2000 students.
Creator & Host
- Align & Wine started
- Oct 7, 2010
- In late 2010, I was invited to teach yoga at the Huntsville Museum of Art - their business hours were changing and they planned to stay open later for 1 night a week. I proposed the concept of Align & Wine – a yoga class for any level, followed by noshing, sipping & laughing. My vision was to create a one-of-a-kind event that brought yoga, food, wine, laughter, friendship, and the Huntsville community together.My plan worked! In the 3 years I taught Align & Wine, it attracted folks from all over the world. I’ve had the pleasure of rolling out a yoga mat with folks from Japan, Russia, Canada, Columbia, Puerto Rico, Australia, Germany, England, Ireland…and from every corner of the United States. I no longer teach at the museum of art, however, I now offer private Align & Wine parties – a wonderful evening good for the body, heart, mind, soul…and the belly!
Healthy Huntsville 2012
- Voted Huntsville's Healthiest Woman
- Aug 4, 2012
- Healthy Huntsville 2012 wrapped up with an awards ceremony in August. Joe Martin and I won Huntsville's Healthiest Man and Woman!
- Chapter Vice-President (10/12-present)
- Aug 7, 2012
- "With over 150,000 members worldwide, BNI is the largest business networking organization in the world. Last year alone, BNI generated 5.4 million referrals resulting in $6.5 billion dollars' worth of business for its members. We offer members the opportunity to share ideas, contacts and most importantly, business referrals." ~BNI website
- Yoga HoM
- Sep 10, 2012 - May 30, 2014
- Created a beautiful, spacious yoga studio, nestled sweetly in downtown Huntsville. Hosted & taught yoga classes, workshops, & Align & Wine. Brought in guest teachers for special events. Conceptualized & managed studio's website. Created studio's social media platforms. Designed studio logo and generated ongoing email campaigns utilizing Constant Contact & Robly.
Creator & Organizer
- Rocket City Yoga Week
- Feb 1, 2012 - Current
- I created the largest yoga event in Huntsville. 2014 Rocket City Yoga Week (Huntsville, AL) 24 teachers, 58 classes, 2000 students. The mission of every Yoga Week I create: • Bring the benefits of numerous types of yoga to people of all ages & stages. • Showcase the community's diverse and talented collection of yoga teachers. • Promote beautiful venues in each community. • Increase health, wellness, balance, and a sense of community. • Help alleviate stress, tension, and body-mind disconnection.
“Mitzi is one of the most creative and insightful people I have ever worked with. Her ability to get down to the root problem and offer concrete action steps to overcome any situation is second to none. Simply put, Mitzi is a life changer.”
“In business school a professor encouraged us to make BHAGs, Big Hairy Audacious Goals. Creating a Yoga Week in Huntsville, AL was a BHAG. In a city more known for running and rockets, Mitzi recruited teachers, students, government officials and vendors to band together for a free week of yoga. I've attended both years. Mitzi is detail-oriented, energetic and determined resulting in events that are clear, well-organized and great fun!”
“Mitzi is not only a great businessperson, she is a great leader and a positive role model. She is trustworthy and creative as well as being intelligent and inspiring. Not only would I recommend her as a yoga instructor, I honestly believe she is a good human being.”
“Mitzi is on a mission! From one-on-one sessions to being one person addressing one thousand and one (and more!) Mitzi is using yoga to add life, energy and balance to the community. Her passion, organization and expertise have provided the right mix to grow an idea into a bona fide, community-wide event-- Rocket City Yoga Week. Calling together the yogis from throughout the city, Mitzi has encouraged citizens to get moving and engaged. I high recommend Mitzi as a yoga instructor, an organizer, an innovative business person and a team captain/player who puts actions behind her words of support for a healthy community.”
“Mitzi Connell has done it again!!! The 2nd. Annual Rocket City Yoga Week was amazing. It is rare to find an individual who encompasses every aspect of an event, from creation and promotion to organizing and scheduling location venues, classes and volunteers. Mitzi repeatedly impresses and always leaves her signature of excellence on all endeavors she undertakes.”
“Mitzi has been a true inspiration to me. She is eminently professional while simultaneously deeply personable. Her ability to combine her creativity with innovation, organization, and collaboration has propelled her career into directions most others would never dream of. Mitzi herself conceived of the idea of a citywide annual event celebrating the health and spiritual benefits of yoga, and she followed through and has now successfully executed it for two years running. This event alone has touched hundreds, if not thousands, of lives in the Huntsville, Alabama area. But even without having done these huge events, I would always seek her out for individual and group yoga coaching. Working with Mitzi will always be a cherished part of my life experience. ”
“Mitzi is an absolute ROCK STAR! In the 2 years I have taken part in [Rocket City] Yoga Week, it has grown exponentially in terms of popularity and impact on the local community. People come from far and wide to take part in Yoga Week, thanks in no small part to Mitzi's creativity, attention to detail, and overall yoga GENIUS! It has been fantastic thus far and is only getting better!”
“After I moved to Huntsville, I tried out several yoga classes with different instructors, but none were what I was looking for. I was extremely pleased to find Yoga with Mitzi and have been a student of hers since. Mitzi has the knack of being able to tailor the practice to what her students need in that class. Challenging the more adept and coaching the beginners and always infusing humor and inspiration! I look forward to going to her classes and regret having to miss any!”
“Mitzi is a very creative, productive and enlightened person. She is also a very knowledgeable recruiter. She was instrumental in the implementation of a global recruiting software implementation. She quickly figured out how to fully utilize it, actually surpassing in knowledge the very individuals that initiated the project. She became "the go-to person" for this very large organization. She is a conscientious employee and has been a pleasure to work with.”
“Outstanding professional with expertise in global recruiting, employer branding, hiring practices, tech recruiting and their associated technology, as well as project management. ”