My drive is built upon a love to tackle and solve the underlying problem at the heart of each challenge. Like farming, business requires an understanding of various disciplines. Simplicity is often sought by those who have neither time nor inclination to wade through the complexities of ecosystems where scientific, social and artistic elements seemingly compete in the mutual aim to forward the enterprise. I found that to see the simple solution, one must get in and really look at the finer details to fully understand the bigger picture.
For over two decades, I have navigated various complexities faced by businesses every day. Having worked across many national and international firms and industries, various levels of the public sector, associations, and committees, I have always maintained a keen interest in understanding the core challenges and frustrations they faced.
Through a combination of hands-on practice, consulting and exposure to all stages of the business life-cycle evolution – start-up to acquisition, boardroom discussions to strategic planning, implementation to integration, maintenance to migration, transition to transformation - a breadth of experience has been gained. At the core, however, the discipline is always the pursuit of resolving crucial challenges.
I am told that I am an intelligent, quick witted individual with an extremely broad range of knowledge over many subjects who is always willing to lend a hand, an ear and a word of advice. Through a light-hearted humour and seemingly irreverent interpersonal nature, I aim to disarm boundaries and undertake a straight talker capability and pragmatic approach to root cause problem analysis.
In an ideal world, I’d be set up as an ideas expert with my office a comfortable niche in the foyer café and a couch for people to come in and converse to ascertain the problems, understand the complexities and then explore the options and solutions. Failing that, I simply walk around and get interested in all aspects of the firm to achieve the same.
However, this comes at a cost of being misunderstood as not executive material, high maintenance, a disruptive force and a non-conformist. I hope to never lose that feedback, for I feel I may have stopped doing my job otherwise.
I fervently hold that facilitating meaningful conversations leads to wise actions. Surfacing a shared concept fosters clarity, collaboration and creativity that inspires action and further fostered via coaching, guidance and mentoring, become ownership. Through combining the collective experiences, I seek to stipulate differentiators and through people, drive strategy into successful, sustainable change.
I believe in practicing a holistic approach to all endeavours. My approach considers the complexities and aim to utilise the synergies between the mixes of customer experience, offerings, business capability, culture, and the various market elements in seeking to successfully strategise change. Skills which are at home on the farm as they are in the boardroom.
If, after all of that, you are still interested in my professional CV or getting in contact with me, then please click on through to my LinkedIn Profile.
“Taiss's energy, drive and in depth knowledge is magnetic... A large personality who is not scared to voice his opinions, a rare quality that is required when in the heat of the moment and decisions need to be made. A man of many talents, social, reliable and trustworthy.”J. FosterManager
“I was searching for help with pulling together an infrastructure strategy from almost nothing. I knew the brief would be broad-ranging and ill defined to begin with - I needed someone who could expose me to the widest possible range of ideas. It turned out to be a happy partnership that produced lasting results and I know others would do well to engage Taiss for his advice.”S. PetrenkoCustomer
“Taiss is an intelligent and quick witted individual with an extremely broad range of knowledge over many subjects. His ability to explain, educate and solve problems is an asset and skill that I have no doubt is a benefit to any individual or business that chooses to use his services”J. StudleyColleague
“He takes on challenges with great enthusiasm and excels in everything he does. In addition to being a leader in his field Taiss is a compassionate human being who strives to help and mentor others.”V. BevanColleague
Operations & Capability Manager - Sales, Solutions and Delivery Architecture - AU & NZ
- Apr 20, 2015 - Current
Architecture Services - Regional Operational Resource Co-ordinator
- Nov 25, 2013 - Apr 17, 2015
- A member of the Global Account Architecture organisation providing support for ~100 account and pre-sales Technical Architects, Solution Architects and Solution Leads in the region. Typical Duties Identification and deployment of adequate resourcing to any given pursuit, programme or project in meeting the requirements of the team • Determine stakeholder IT project requirements and resource accordingly • Maintain a Resource skills and capabilities register • Work with other resource managers to coordinate pipeline views of requirements by the Business • Lead forums to present, discuss and resolve Resource conflicts • Determine resource allocations in the most cost-effective manner • Perform pipeline analysis for planning and provision of labour utilisation and Fiscal reporting • Align SalesForce Pipeline to Skills Mapping to guide Individual Development Planning & team capability Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o A10 Curriculum, Assessment & Certification Committee o Programme 4: Next Generation Talent Team o Health, Safety and Environment Committee (inc. First Aid and Evacuation Officer) o Virtual Academy Trainer - Catalyst; TOGAF; o Leading Edge & Technology Forum : Review Committee o Mentoring - Technology Mentoring Group; Career Coach Network
Architect - Solution Leadership
- Jun 11, 2012 - Nov 22, 2013
- A member of the Offerings Architecture and Engineering organisation who engage in pursuits, large and complex assignments as well as providing governance and guidance. Typical Duties • Pursuit Proposals and Responses • Requirements gathering • Business and Technology analysis • Consulting and Strategy Planning • Architecture Design and Modelling • Resource and Assignment Management • Mentoring junior and new Solution Architects Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o Health, Safety and Environment Committee | -- First Aid Officer | -- Evacuation Warden o Green & Sustainability Champion (Greenway Committee) o Catalyst Virtual Academy Trainer o Virtual Training course Designer o Leading Edge Forum : Review Committee : Paper Submissions and Award for Excellence
- CSC Australia
- Aug 15, 2005 - Jun 8, 2012
- An evolving role with a number of focal shifts throughout its lifecycle. Responsible for a number of cross-tower deliverables traversing a range of clients and projects. The work has varied from consulting to national or global customers, responding to Proposal and Tender opportunities, in-house technical solutions and assisting with the provisioning of organic growth of services to existing customers. Typical Duties • Requirements gathering and analysis • Consulting and Strategy Planning • Technology and Direction Planning • Architecture Design and Modelling • Delivery of designs for CSC Product Lines to deploy infrastructure • Providing oversight of the implementation of designs • Pursuit Proposals and Responses • Mentoring junior and new Solution Architects Industries: Defence, Government, Gaming, Mining, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Utilities SPECIALTIES: • Identifying beneficial opportunities for Synergy, efficiencies and Value Creation • Aligning solutions to meet Business strategy and outcomes • Aligning solutions to meet end user requirements • Responding to tender, grant and submission requests • Providing governance, mediation and mentoring • Engaging stakeholders to seek alternatives and options for meeting desired outcomes • Designing sustainable systems through increasing automation, improving processes and support frameworks Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o Health, Safety and Environment Committee | -- First Aid Officer | -- Evacuation Warden o Green & Sustainability Champion (Greenway Committee) o Catalyst Virtual Academy Trainer o Virtual Training course Designer o Leading Edge Forum : Review Committee : Paper Submissions and Award for Excellence
- Crown Casino
- Mar 11, 2002 - Aug 12, 2005
- Key member of the organisations IS&T team defining architecture, roadmaps, solution designs and undertaking projects in line with business goals and strategies. Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o OH&S Committee o First Aid Officer o Evacuation Warden o Crowd Control
IT Services Supervisor
- Crown Casino
- Sep 3, 2001 - Mar 11, 2002
- Team leader for a high performance support team supporting the key non-gaming systems and IS&T infrastructure.
Misc IT Roles
- Multiple Firms
- Feb 1, 1991 - Aug 3, 2001