A twenty year veteran of the Information Systems & Technology industry who has specialised in finding the best solutions to business requirements be they technology or process in nature. My career has exposed me to a variety of industries and businesses, providing a view of problems, solutions and management skills that can be transplanted in a variety of applications.
I have developed an expansive knowledge of the design, construction and management of systems and solutions which has been acquired through a history of business and IT programmes and a myriad of projects from multi-million dollar pursuits, skunk-work fire-fights and full life-cycle IT strategies. I have cut a trail of achievements (and failures too!) across the private and public sectors.
My drive is built upon a love to tackle and solve problems. I like to get in and really look at the finer details to understand the bigger picture.
In an ideal world, I’d be set up as an ideas expert. Put up in office with a comfortable chair and a couch for people to come in and converse to ascertain the problems, understand the complexities and then explore the options and solutions.
I am, however, hired as a Enterprise level Solution Architect for a global outsourcing firm. So, mostly, I am an adminstrative slave to processes and cost codes. I work on a continual rotation of projects that span the spectrum of technical minutia to roadmaps, from tender responses to grandiose strategy. The reality is far more of the former than the latter..
The remainder of my working time is spent on two streams of work. The first is pure delivery which involves rewriting reports and documentation to the specification of stakeholders before arriving at the consensus that I should revert to the originally proposed solution and reports I planned on writing in the first place.
Outside of deliverables, the other primary stream of time consumption is in providing governance, mentoring, counselling and generally comforting clients and coworkers ... even performing first aid as required.
I also take far too much on with general management duties, being on a variety of committees and boards.
My weekends are spent keeping my mind and body busy with discovering solutions for a problem piece of land I bought. I named it Goodrock Park, but perhaps Rokanahard Place would have been better suited. I somehow also have a few cycles left to explore philosophical pursuits which I hammer out into the social media networks and occasional blog entry.
I am told that I am an intelligent, quick witted individual with an extremely broad range of knowledge over many subjects who is always willing to lend a hand, an ear and a word of advice. However, I am also told that I can be high maintenance, a non conformist and simultaneously too utoipian and cynical for my own good.
If, after all of that, you are still interested in my professional CV, please click on through to my LinkedIn Profile.
“Taiss's energy, drive and in depth knowledge is magnetic... A large personality who is not scared to voice his opinions, a rare quality that is required when in the heat of the moment and decisions need to be made. A man of many talents, social, reliable and trustworthy.”J. FosterManager
“I was searching for help with pulling together an infrastructure strategy from almost nothing. I knew the brief would be broad-ranging and ill defined to begin with - I needed someone who could expose me to the widest possible range of ideas. It turned out to be a happy partnership that produced lasting results and I know others would do well to engage Taiss for his advice.”S. PetrenkoCustomer
“Taiss is an intelligent and quick witted individual with an extremely broad range of knowledge over many subjects. His ability to explain, educate and solve problems is an asset and skill that I have no doubt is a benefit to any individual or business that chooses to use his services”J. StudleyColleague
“He takes on challenges with great enthusiasm and excels in everything he does. In addition to being a leader in his field Taiss is a compassionate human being who strives to help and mentor others.”V. BevanColleague
Architect - Solution Leadership
- Jun 1, 2013 - Current
- A member of the Offerings Architecture and Engineering organisation who engage in large and complex assignments as well as offering governance and guidance. Typical Duties o Tender Solutions & Response o Solution Reviews and Governance o Consulting and Strategy Planning o Training and Mentoring Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o Health, Safety and Environment Committee | -- First Aid Officer | -- Evacuation Warden o Green & Sustainability Champion (Greenway Committee) o Catalyst Virtual Academy Trainer o Virtual Training course Designer o Leading Edge Forum : Review Committee : Paper Submissions and Award for Excellence
Agricultural Services Consultant
- Goodrock Park
- Aug 1, 2010 - Current
- + Part Time Startup Venture still in its infancy. + Borne from the growing agricultural advocacy of the previous five years and the interest and focus on agricultural and food-cycle elements, Goodrock Park (a 53Ha [132Ac] rural property in North Central Victoria) is an active attempt to place my meagre funds where my preaching mouth is. The long term vision is an attempt to build a mixed farming enterprise out of “low class grazing land” that will be specialising in land regeneration, sustainable practices and natural farming systems. It is hoped that this will become the basis of a small teaching farm. Agrinomic Solutions provides a precursor to those activities with Agribusiness & Agronomy Consultancy specialising in providing to regional Victorian Small Holdings Clients: • Vocational Gap Analysis (Training and Assessment) • Whole Farm Planning • Environmental Impact and Mitigation Planning Industries: Agribusiness, Consumer, Education, Government, Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o First Aid Officer o Landcare Representative o Environmental Best Management Practitioner o Committee Member - Glenaroua Land Management o Member - South West Goulbourn LandCare
- CSC Australia
- Aug 1, 2005 - Jun 1, 2013
- My role has evolved a number of times throughout its lifecycle. Responsible for a number of cross-tower deliverables traversing a range of clients and projects. The work has varied from consulting to national or global customers, responding to Proposal and Tender opportunities, inhouse technical solutions and assisting with the provisioning of organic growth of services to existing customers. Typical Duties o Requirements gathering and analysis o Consulting and Strategy Planning.. o Technology and Direction Planning o Architecture Design and Modelling. o Request For Proposal/Tender Response Industries: Defence, Government, Mining, Pharmaceuticals, Retail, Utilities Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o Health, Safety and Environment Committee | -- First Aid Officer | -- Evacuation Warden o Green & Sustainability Champion (Greenway Committee) o Catalyst Virtual Academy Trainer o Virtual Training course Designer o Leading Edge Forum : Review Committee : Paper Submissions and Award for Excellence
- Sep 1, 2006 - Nov 1, 2008
- Fotograffi was a multi-faceted part time business borne from a passion for photography. An amalgamation of three distinct directives and trading names: • Captured Illusion provided the commercial and retail photographic services, specialising in food styling, catalogue and product photography. • Creative Illusion grew as an additional side arm that became the product provider for Food Styling and Studio Make Up products. • Fotograffi was funded through the commercial activities and ran on the base mission of “providing opportunities and guidance to emerging photographers and related industry personnel wishing to expand their skills into professional applications”. This was actioned through community sessions, converging interest groups and model shoots. Industries: Advertising, Design, Fashion, Hospitality, Retail Succumbing to illness in 2008, the IP, goodwill and customer lists were sold to a competitive interest.
- Crown Casino
- Mar 1, 2002 - Aug 1, 2005
- Key member of the organisations IS&T team defining architecture, roadmaps, solution designs and undertaking projects in line with business goals and strategies. Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o OH&S Committee o First Aid Officer o Evacuation Warden o Crowd Control
IT Services Supervisor
- Crown Casino
- Sep 1, 2001 - Mar 1, 2002
- Team leader for a high performance support team supporting the key non-gaming systems and IS&T infrastructure.
- Jan 1, 2001 - Jul 1, 2001
- Managed the implementation, support and maintenance of hosted client systems and data centre infrastructure to support web solutions and portals for small to mid-sized businesses, including Melbourne Fashion Week and the Construction Building Exchange Industries: Construction, Design, Fashion, Internet, Multimedia, Software Development
Australian Hosting Manager
- Aug 1, 2000 - Dec 1, 2000
- Managed a small distributed IS&T support team for the management of hosted client systems and data centre infrastructure. Specialising in Internet based business integration solutions including portals, firewall and infrastructure support and hosting solutions for mid to large sized enterprises including RACV, Buy.Com, ANZ Bank, National Foods and Plum Financials. Industries: Advertising, Agribusiness, Design, Finance, Healthcare, Insurance, Internet, Multimedia, Retail, Software Development Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o OH&S Committee o First Aid Officer
Senior Systems Analyst
- Aug 1, 1999 - Aug 1, 2000
- Lead analyst providing IS&T support to Melbourne offices and co-location hosting clients.
Senior Technician/Project Manager
- Total Network Solutions
- May 1, 1999 - Aug 1, 1999
- Seconded to The Bruce Mathieson Group to run and manage the implementation of a distributed Windows NT and Great Plains Accounting infrastructure to pubs, clubs and bistros across the greater Melbourne region. Industries: Hospitality, Retail Additional & Extra Curricular Tasks: o First Aid Officer
- CRS Group
- Nov 1, 1998 - May 1, 1999
- Provided skills assessments, recruitment advertising, resume screenings, technical interviews and short-listing talent for Independent and Government Health organisation IT departments. Industries: Education, Government, Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals
- Aug 1, 1998 - Oct 1, 1998
- Specialised in skills assessments, recruitment advertising, resume screenings, technical interviews and short-listing talent.
Senior Project Engineer
- May 1, 1998 - Aug 1, 1998
- Seconded to Department of Education for the VicNet (Statewide Educational Intranet) Programme of works via Computelec (an IT services and consultancy provider specialising in the Education sector) as part of the continuing schools of the future initiative Industries: Education, Government
Senior Network Administrator
- Hygrove Consulting Company
- Apr 1, 1998 - May 1, 1998
- Contract role to assist during unplanned absence for this career management business.
- Nett Solutions
- Sep 1, 1996 - Mar 1, 1998
- Providing IT consultancy and training to home and small business customers, outsourced customer support to ISP’s and hardware and software sales Industries: Consumer, Internet, Small Business
Customer Support Engineer
- Business Environment Systems
- Dec 1, 1997 - Feb 1, 1998
- Providing Internet connectivity solutions to home and small business users
On-line Services Manager
- Aug 1, 1995 - Sep 1, 1996
- Provided development and systems management for the implementation of a number of hybrid offerings for a range of online service offerings (including Internet based Web and FTP sites, CompuServe, AOL and MSN) to the Australian Adult and Sporting Industries
- Jun 1, 1995 - Aug 1, 1995
- Seconded to Ministry of Education for the roll out of MS Mail to all Victorian regional school offices via Computelec (an IT services and consultancy provider specialising in the Education sector) as part of the schools of the future initiative.
- May 1, 1995 - Jun 1, 1995
- Seconded to IBM subsidiary “Integrated Systems services and Solutions Corporation” (later to become part of Global Services division) for the privatisation of State Electricity Commission migration works, specifically focussing on the scope of works relating to systems being commissioned over to what became the United Energy demarcation. Industries:Government, Utilities
- Xavier College
- May 1, 1995 - May 1, 1995
- Contract role to assist during unplanned sick leave for this privately run multi-campus Jesuit Education College.
Systems Communications Engineer
- Spectrum Life Force
- Feb 1, 1991 - Feb 1, 1995
- Provided systems administration and support for this Health Care business and its independent practitioners.who provided a range of health, wellness, fitness and alternative therapies. Industries: Healthcare