Updated November 2012
SEO, Social Media and Online Marketing Evangelist
Some people build websites and some people make them all shiny. I help people find them.
To find out more about me, visit clarktaylor.me.
- National Capital Area Chapter, WVU Alumni Association
- Jan 1, 2008 - Current
Online Marketing Manager
- Nov 1, 2009 - Nov 1, 2011
- Responsible for maximizing the overall online presence and performance of an eCommerce business in the ultra-competitive online printing industry. Managed relationships with partners including Google, Bing, and Yahoo!, -eCommerce SEO -SEM including PPC and Retargeting -Social Media Marketing, Social Commerce -Brand Reputation Management -UX and Conversion Architecture -Link Building
Director, Internet Marketing Services
- WSI Web Marketing
- Feb 1, 2007 - Nov 1, 2009
- I was responsible for creating, developing, and maintaining the agency's comprehensive online marketing service offering, as well as the delivery of the services to clients throughout the Baltimore-Washington area. Services included SEO, PPC, Social Media Marketing, Google Analytics integration, conversion architecture, site audits, and development of comprehensive and integrated online marketing strategies.
Internet Marketing Manager & SEO
- Autoscribe Corporation
- Nov 1, 2001 - Feb 1, 2007
- Primary person in charge of all Autoscribe Corporation marketing efforts including SEO and PPC campaigns for lyonsreg.com and autoscribe.com; trade show budgeting, planning and execution; developing and expanding partnerships; working with internal and external resources to produce marketing collateral. Championed and managed several critical corporate projects including the industry- first service to deliver bank routing number verification and account number validation via XML Web Services; conceived and designed a free version of the companies bank routing number verification tool; implemented many improvements to increase revenue and automate processes.
Senior National Accounts Executive
- Autoscribe Corporation
- Jan 1, 1998 - Jan 1, 2001
- Responsibilities included sales, marketing and business development for the Lyons Commercial Data division of Autoscribe Corporation.
- Stone Temple Consulting
- Nov 4, 2011 - Current
- SEO and social media marketing consultant.
Years doing high-level SEO
Things I haven't seen
West Virginia University
“I have met many smart and eager marketers, but Clark is one of the few I would ever truly give the title of Champion to. ”Peter BackmanSenior Director of User Experience, 123Print, Inc.
“Clark is a true internet/social marketing guru”Holly MetzPresident, Key Staffing Solutions, Inc.
“A true online marketing virtuoso! ”Sid JacobTechnical Lead, 123Print, Inc.
“Clark is a true professional! His eye for detail and focus on the "big picture" strategy was essential in making our business partnership successful and productive.”Laura GilmoreInteractive Marketing Manager, MarketSmart Interactive
“He has a firm hand on the controls and knows what it takes to be successful in these strategic areas.”Rich NelsonVP, International Web Development, 123Print, Inc.
“Clark Taylor is truly one the most thoughtful, honest, and ethical individuals that I have ever had the pleasure of working with. He clearly understands the "end goal"...”Steven FrookVP of Sales, Autoscribe Corporation
“...he has tirelessly provided well thought out solutions to the many SEO challenges an e-commerce company faces on a daily basis...Clark takes the voodoo out of SEO.”Josh ArztSoftware Engineer, 123Print, Inc.
“Our clients enjoy working with him as much as I do.”Gary LevinePresident, WSI Internet Consulting
“Clark combines a detailed knowledge of the components of Internet marketing with a consistenly upbeat attitude. At Autoscribe he introduced the use of more sophisticated tools to optimize sales lead generation and marketing on the Net.”John SkeeleVP of Sales, Autoscribe Corporation
“Clark's work ethic, sense of humor, and understanding of web-based marketing add to our credibility as a company and make him a pleasure to work with.”Roslynne Klein LevinePrincipal, WSI Internet Marketing
“He is truly an expert in his field and can help anyone grow their business by leaps and bounds ”Kevin NodianosFinancial Services Consultant, PNC Bank
“Clark is an expert on all things SEO. He's pleasant to work with and meets you where you are with regards to comprehending SEO. ”Dotsie BregelFounder, National Association of Baby Boomer Women