Updated November 2014
- State Farm, Cupertino, CA
- Aug 23, 2010 - Sep 16, 2011
- • Provide service for over 1000 existing clients with State Farm CRM software. • Resolve payment issues, answer multiple phone lines, and update client database. • Manage and supervise office while agent is overseas. • Create insurance quotes. • Appointment scheduling. • Develop and implement new business strategies to exceed sales goals. • Produce documents including certificates of insurance. • Front-office operations: Maintain MS Outlook Calendar, oversee office mail, bank deposits, collect payments, data entry, scan and fax. • Interview and train new staff. • Increase new sales with friendly customer service, community based networking and cold calling. • California Department of Insurance Property and Casualty License # 0H36313.
SEO Marketing Consultant
- San Jose, CA
- Sep 27, 2005 - Nov 21, 2014
- • Maintain social media marketing strategies, edit and manage websites. • Search engine optimization and search engine marketing. • Increase online presence for clients with Web 2.0 Solutions, WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Google Analytics, Photoshop, HTML, MS Office, FTP, Excel and SQL.
- Recif Semiconductor, Sunnyvale CA
- Mar 17, 2005 - Aug 4, 2005
- • Daily phone, email and direct contact with all major accounts, IBM, Intel, and Recif home office in Lyon, France. • Coordinate shipping, receiving, repair, invoicing, and worldwide inventory with software including Excel Spreadsheets, MS Outlook, and Peachtree Accounting Software.
- BB&T Liberty Benefit Insurance Services
- Mar 16, 2012 - Current
- • Provides COBRA administration processing in accordance with federal guidelines; administration includes, but is not limited to, handling all admin duties associated with COBRA, Employer and COBRA participant support, premium processing and reconciliation, and maintenance of COBRA processes and procedures and systems. • Aid in developing, implementing and improving upon overall COBRA administration processing for internal operating efficiencies as well as for improved efficiency and value for employer groups. • Works directly with employer groups, Human Resources, benefit specialists, carriers and other vendors to establish the overall COBRA relationship and administrative duties. • Knowledge of Affordable Care Act requirements. • Experience in COBRA Administration and knowledge of COBRA federal and state laws. • Absolute discretion in handling highly confidential PHI.
Employee Group Benefits Account Coordinator
- BB&T Liberty Benefit Insurance Services
- Aug 1, 2014 - Current
- -Preparing account service-related documents: meeting agendas, meeting reports, proposals and other client communications and correspondence. -Participating in and documenting discussions during client meetings and conference calls. Reviewing vendor quotes. -Verifying production specs. -Creating and providing feedback on project estimates and timelines. -Fielding and processing internal information requests. -Assisting with mailings. -Maintaining current work-in-progress records and archives of past project information as appropriate. -Host Open Enrollment Meetings -Developing and maintaining a working-level understanding of assigned client’s industries, company culture, products/services and strategic communication plan. -Proactively communicating with clients on a daily basis in a professional, efficient manner. -Attending the needs of the client and continually seeking ways to add value to the client-agency relationship. -Complete all Renewal Tasks for clients in a timely manner. -Assemble Administrative Manual for Clients. -Compile employee packets and assist with Benefits enrollment meetings. -Maintain thorough electronic documentation of all activities utilizing Benefits data management system according to company policy and procedure. -Attend continuing education coursework to maintain appropriate license and knowledge of the insurance industry and market trends. -Create and review important compliance notices and timelines for clients including but not limited to: 5500, SPD Wrap, Medicare part D, HIPAA forms, etc. -Manage Internal Data Management Systems -Collect and review plan documents for accuracy; save plan documents to SharePoint, updating Benefit Point. -Update client contact sheet(s). -Create benefit binders for clients. -Coordinate Health Fairs and Open Enrollment meetings with carriers and vendors; create and distribute communications. -Update rates and plans with online enrollment vendor(s); deliver plans, summaries and other materials to necessary parties. -Assist with new carrier implementation process. -Request and review plan contracts from health carriers for accuracy. -Assist with the renewal and marketing process. -Maintain Client and Carrier relationships; handle day to day questions, changes, and employee claim issues.