An innovative 21st century Academic Law Librarian & Information/Competitive Intelligence professional with expertise in legal reference services;business development and analytically utilizing data; skilled in collaboration and the ability to work in a team environment; strong service orientation; awareness of a variety of issues in the various disciplines of legal practice areas, competitive intelligence and knowledge management.
- College of the Bahamas
- Jan 1, 2013 - Current
- Manage the law library's reference desk services, collection, simultaneously providing complex reference assistance to the College's law faculty and LLB students. Train, mentor, evaluate staff to ensure the efficiency of reference desk services and growth and usage of the law library's collection. Evaluate and analyse reference desk services and usage of the law library's collection, making appropriate recommendations to improve the law collection. Formulate policies and procedures that meet established standards and participate in the overall's college library's budget preparation. Negotiate appropriate contracts as relates to the law library's electronic and print collection. Monitor and update the law library social media feeds including its Facebook Page, Twitter, and Wordpress Blog.
- Kaye Scholer LLP.
- Jun 1, 2011 - Aug 1, 2011
- Managed and executed research requests comprising a wide variety of business, industry, market, executive and competitive intelligence data for the business development department personnel and firm attorneys in accordance with requested specifications and research budget guidelines. Synthesized information to provide succinct and relevant company profiles, industry overviews, biographical summaries, and an analysis of key transactions, metrics, industry trends, litigation and competitor activity. Performed patent & trademark searches; federal and/or state legislative and regulatory history; court dockets and expert witness research; precedent searching of public and private securities offerings. Assisted in drafting model documents and best practice materials in records management. Provided insights to various practice groups particularly the life sciences group with regard to trends etc. Assisted with the design and implementation of the firm’s intranet portal content management, and writing assignments for an e-newsletter. Aided the firm’s practice groups to focus on model documents and best practices for retaining and storing documents of precedential value.
Graduate Student Intern
- National Archives II College Park MD
- Jun 1, 2010 - Aug 1, 2010
- Assisted in the digitization of Federal government records disposition schedules (SF 115s) 1973 to the present. Duties included document preparation, scanning, metadata tagging, ensuring ADA/ 504 compliance and processing data to appropriate electronic codes for posting to the NARA web pages. This significant scanning project allows both public and internal access to thousands of scanned SF 115s images at: http://www.archives.gov/records-mgmt/rcs.
Senior Law Librarian
- New York State Court Unified System
- Feb 1, 2008 - May 1, 2009
- Established objectives, policies, goals and programs for the law library to provide professional level law library service to all library clientele. Also partially responsible for development and implementation of services that supported teaching and research. Assisted in training court attorneys, judges, court reporters and summer law student interns on database use and research methods; managing document delivery; developed marketing and outreach initiatives to educate judges and court attorneys about library services; aided in teaching summer law student interns in advanced legal research sessions; writing research guides; participating in reference duty. Applied the latest computer and other technological developments to the law library and legal research. Provided and oversaw electronic research for court legal staff. Ensured the optimal use of the library facility to accommodate the evolving needs of court staff. • Aided in improving the growth and development of legal research collections and databases for the law library • Initiated the process of cataloging and classification of the collection using electronic systems. • Enhanced the bibliographic guides, and improved the library’s website by posting regular relevant blog articles.
Legal Coordinator/Law Librarian
- New York City Department of Corrections
- Feb 1, 2007 - Mar 1, 2008
- Provided legal reference and research service in the law library to pre-trial detainees and sentenced inmates. Revamped the management style in various law library facilities on Riker's Island. Improved the style of various monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual reports regarding the collections. Initiated closer review of notary services provided to inmates/detainees leading to decreased fraudulent activities. Enhanced the process of selecting inmate/detainee library clerks.
Agency Attorney Interne
- City of New York, Department of Homeless Services
- Oct 1, 2004 - Oct 1, 2006
- Conducted legal analysis in determining applicants' eligibility for shelter within the confines of New York City/State laws. Developed a unique system of triaging cases, improving the turnaround time in determining eligibility of applicants Played a key role in training staff in the use of lexis research to determine applicants' eligibility for temporary housing.
- Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison LLP
- Jun 1, 2004 - Oct 1, 2004
- Performed legal research and analysis for complex commercial litigation. Selected in a special team to focus on the review of selected discovery documents for trial.
Pro Bono Coordinator
- Legal Services NYC - Manhattan Legal Services
- Nov 1, 2000 - Mar 1, 2004
- Assisted a federal bankruptcy judge and private attorneys from major NYC firm in delivering civil legal services to the Harlem community. Enhanced the pro bono relationships within legal services. Improved legal services in the Harlem community.
- TD Bank Group
- Jan 1, 1997 - Jan 1, 2000
- Serviced clients' brokerage accounts. Increased revenue with excellent customer service, business research and referrals.
Customer Service Representative
- Jan 1, 1994 - Jan 1, 1998
- Managed clients' bank accounts. Increased the bank's revenue by making successful investment referrals after conducting related research. Awarded with the most referrals in the branch locale.
Saint John's University
Library Science (Law Librarianship)
Laura Bush’s 21st Century Librarian Program IMLS Scholar, 2008-2010
AALL, Law School Graduate Scholar, 2009
Touro College Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center
Council on Legal Education Opportunity Fellow/Thurgood Marshall Scholar, 1998
Touro International Law Review, Associate Editor
Special Service Award, 2003
City University of New York-John Jay College of Criminal Justice
Dean’s List (1993-1996)
High School Diploma'87
St. Joseph High School