I am an experienced, fast thinking and performing IT consultant with 11 years of experience. I have skills across most of IT spectrum, ranging from development to security, governance and cyber response. Currently, I am mostly focused on information security, cyber response. My key strengths are strong IT skills coupled with creativity and business drive. I am currently a part of KPMG LLP (UK) Cyber team; my main interest area is computer network defence. With KPMG Baltics I have participated in a wide range of projects, including: * Attestation audits and pre-audits of Certification Authorities in all three Baltic states. This enabled them to start and continue maintaining secure operations. * Security testing of public and private web applications such as internet banking applications, networks, including governments, financial sector; * Security guideline development for national e-health solution; * IT governance audits; * 3-5 year IT strategy for a financial sector client. Baltics market being small, requires the consultant to have hands-on experience and in-depth understanding or your bluff will be called. Before KPMG, I have done web development for internet companies as well as network and systems administration. Key highlight was building an e-mail cluster for a Latvian ISP in 2003 using 20 diskless nodes with no single point of failure with open source tools. I am mostly interested in working in challenging, dynamic environments and taking on difficult and large tasks that will require doing more than previously though possible. My native language is Latvian and I am fluent in English, Russian and I can exchange basic French.
- KPMG LLP
- Jan 1, 2011 - Current
- Member of technical security team within Information Protection & Business Resilience. Security testing and cyber response - proactive and reactive client assistance.
- KPMG Baltics
- Jan 1, 2007 - Jan 1, 2011
- "Baltic Growth Partners"
- Apr 1, 2006 - May 1, 2007
- Baltic Growth Partners was a start-up which implemented the personified image - postcard idea - skilled operators would put a previously taken picture into a template. Worked great as customized event memorabilia. I was in charge of full development lifecycle - I determined the need, the execution plan, resources and implemented software. I managed a few programmers and web designers.
- Worldsoft AG
- Jun 1, 2005 - Aug 1, 2005
- I was hired by the CTO Atif Ghaffar to implement the new web shop for Worldsoft's online offerings so that company could transition from semi-automated to fully automated servicing.
- Emico Vero
- Jan 1, 2001 - Jan 1, 2003
- Emico Vero formed from my previous company Interbaltika. I continued to do systems administration as well as implement network systems for other customers based on Linux, asterisk (VOIP), Lotus Notes. Key project was construction of e-mail cluster for ISP Apollo based on open source stack managed by ISPMan.
- Interbaltika international
- Jan 1, 2000 - Jan 1, 2001
- I managed a 20 computer office network as well as company's online business web systems.