With a professional career that spans over 20 years, I have held both inside and outside sales positions, been involved in managing or creating partner programs and alternative distribution channels, created small businesses, and have consulted or managed marketing programs for a wide range of employers and clients. Along the way I have developed a set of principles - Communication, Education, Prioritization, and Involvement, which always makes the difference in how I deliver results.
- LēD GeN 3.0
- Nov 1, 2008 - Current
- A marketing and business development consultancy. • Interim Marketing Director – Redesigned and launched a website that took website visits from 200 to 2,500 per month over a twelve month period (small medical device manufacturer) • Developed business model providing enhanced default management and conversion optimization for non-performing note pool investment group • Consulted on a complex deal strategy that led to a $1.5MM profit on the sale of a non-performing real estate note pool and associated management services • Provided detailed research and reporting on SaaS based software for online appointment scheduling used to plan marketing initiatives and product direction and to assess relative competitive market position • Experienced with Wordpress development, blogging, SEO, Inbound Marketing strategies, Social Media, video editing, and graphics • Created content for websites, social media, and blogs • Researched and implemented tools designed for data storage and analysis (i.e. Quickbase) – Introduced collaboration technologies to organizations such as Goto Meeting and Mind Mapping (i.e. led strategy meetings) • Spoke at local Vistage International Peer Groups on topics such as Inbound Marketing, Social Media and the use of Mind Mapping for problem solving and documenting discussions
- Era Home Renovation, LLC
- Jan 1, 2005 - Oct 1, 2008
- Era Home Renovation, LLC. Invested in real estate, renovated, and remarketed properties as a General Contractor and renovation specialist. Additionally, construction and renovation services were offered to select private home owners.
- Sun Valley Autoworks, LLC
- Apr 1, 2002 - Sep 1, 2005
- Automotive repair shop specializing in European and high-end luxury cars • Quickly built a customer base through successful direct mail, television, and radio marketing campaigns • Developed a fleet care program for local fleet operators by demonstrating savings over in-house servicing • Created and marketed high end German car care services (BMW – Audi – Porsche – MBZ). Gained a significant share of the market segment, through extensive market analysis • Introduced “clean shop” guidelines to appeal to high end clientele
Senior Manager National Sales and Distribution
- Oki Network Technologies
- Sep 1, 1999 - Feb 1, 2002
- Global leader in the design and development of IP-based communication solutions. • Created and deployed the Select Plus Partner Program for Distributors/Resellers/OEM • Negotiated distribution agreements with large telecom suppliers including Toshiba America Information Systems – Telecommunication Systems Division, ECI Telecom • Negotiated entrance into the Multi-Service Alliance Partner Program – Lucent Technologies, Inc. • Researched and developed a comprehensive marketing report outlining sales and distribution opportunities for single port SOHO VoIP gateways with ITSPs – Internet Telephony Service Providers • Provided partner training and joint sales calls in the United States and Canada • Worked jointly with the Marketing Manager to support channel marketing requirements • Provided support and attendance at trade shows
- Sterling Software - IMD
- Oct 1, 1998 - Sep 1, 1999
- Database management and business intelligence software. Sterling Software’s Information Management Division (IMD) was acquired by Computer Associates shortly after my departure – a revamped Channels Program was key to the purchase. • Participated in the development, documentation, and launch of the VISION:Partner, Channel Sales Program • Built relationships with resellers of acquired products • Developed joint seminar series with Microsoft’s SQL Team
Channel Account Manager
- Network General/Network Associates
- Jun 1, 1995 - Oct 1, 1998
- Network General was the leading provider of troubleshooting, security and management solutions for computer networks. (Protocol Analysis – Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI – RMON Probes – Service Level Agreements – Sniffers and Distributed Sniffers – Firewalls - Encryption) • Territory Manager - 1.8 million dollar outside sales territory covering downtown Los Angeles and the Wilshire Corridor • Channel Account Manager - VARs, System Integrators, GSA Sales, and Distributors - Southern California, Hawaii and Nevada - $6 million dollar plus quota • Distribution Liaison – Acted as a liaison during switch to two tier distribution. Solved order entry problems on a nationwide basis for orders shipping through Ingram Micro. The order entry problems were created by a switch to new product SKU’s after Network General was acquired by McAfee and became Network Associates
Acting Director of Marketing and Business Development
- Mercedes Martin Realty, LLC
- Nov 1, 2011 - Current
- MMR is a real estate broker of record in the State of Florida. MMR specializes in distressed real estate and offers brokerage and consulting services. MMR has extensive experience solving complex real estate transactions for buyers and sellers of distressed real estate including REO, Deed in Lieu, and Short Sales. The Principal's unique experience as a Portfolio Manager of distressed assets for non-institutional investment groups provides clients with insights and the ability to avoid stalled transactions. The business is a bootstrapped start-up. As a portfolio manager MMR was over 50% more efficient at conversions and had a success rate of near 75% for conversions of loans from Foreclosure to DIL, Short Sale, REO status, or Performing. Located in Southern Florida.
- Full Service Systems
- Nov 1, 1993 - May 31, 1995
- Full Service Systems was a computer and office equipment vendor specializing in lease financing. I performed a variety of tasks including marketing, sales, administration, technical consultation, and credit evaluation. I was responsible for creating a nationwide Lease Broker database used for broadcast fax marketing (a new concept at the time). I specified and sold computer network systems that were then leased to customers and other vendors.
- Lanier Worlwide, Inc
- Sep 1, 1992 - Oct 31, 1993
- I was employed in the Imaging Systems Division as a sales representative. Responsibilities included: sales territory management; maintaining daily, weekly, and monthly field logs; and in-depth knowledge of over thirty products. Awards and achievements at Lanier Worldwide, Inc. included: received Triple Crown Award (“Three sales in one day” - achieved three times); sold first Lanier 6425 Copier in the District; highest dollar volume in one month for a "rookie" employee; Salesman of the Month for June 1993; and Award winner for fourth quarter 1993.
Assistant Project Manager
- STA Planning, Inc.
- Jun 1, 1989 - Oct 31, 1992
- I assisted in the procurement, preparation, and management of large scale environmental impact reports and related legal documents primarily for city and county government’s planning and building departments. Responsibilities included: business development; proposal preparation; budget formulation; project billing; preparation for and attendance at client, pre-bid, and public scoping meetings; and task management of project team Research Associates and Research Assistants which required extensive writing and editing skills.
University of California, Irvine
University of California, Irvine