I was born. Then grew up. It was a lovely time.
I've worked in sales, technical account management, marketing and product marketing. I like new technology, creativity, and collaboration at work. I love to write, play or listen to music, travel, eat, explore and think.
Feel free to reach out. Follow me on Twitter for some amazing nuggets of thought and retweetage.
- Self Employed
- Aug 1, 2011 - Current
- Working with various small businesses and start ups to create messaging and strategy for product/service promotion. Working in the thriving Solicon Beach is not so bad!
Product Marketing Manager-- Product: Advertising in connected devices
- Jul 26, 2010 - Jul 8, 2011
- Product Marketing and positioning for Rovi Advertising Network (smart tv/ connected devices & online). Sales enablement, competitive analysis, worked closely with Product Management. Identified product timelines, informed competitive positioning, and product scope. Successfully launched Smart TV and Online ad networks in the US, Canada and EMEA. Created messaging, sales tools and collateral for both TV and Online networks. Worked with TV ads, online display ads, mobile and iPad ads. Helped lead efforts in creating TV display advertising standards with the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) and the Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB). Attended and represented Rovi at advertising industry events mostly in NYC.
B2B Marketing Manager, Agency Marketing
- Nov 1, 2009 - Jul 23, 2010
- Developing and executing marketing strategies and plans to drive revenue, increase adoption of Yahoo! products and solutions, and boost customer engagement with regional ad agencies. Liaised with, designed and executed creative programs for top ad agencies. Used social media, SEM, and guerilla marketing tactics to evangelize products and fill events with targeted ad agency creatives.
Manager, International Marketing
- Oct 1, 2008 - Nov 1, 2009
- Responsible for helping grow and retain client base for Yahoo! Search Marketing by supporting, guiding and consulting with International Markets to develop and optimize programs and channels. Go-to-market planning and execution for new product and feature launches. Created acquisition, retention and up-sell campaigns for both ripe and nascent markets. Tactics included banner advertising, radio, SEM, SEO, Social Media, partnership programs, and affiliate programs. Remotely managed and consulted on branding, messaging, and strategy with Canada, LATAM, APAC, Emerging Markets, and Europe.
Technical Account Manager
- Mar 1, 2007 - Oct 1, 2008
- Technical Account Manager/Technical Solutions Manager supporting tech-intensive, high spend advertisers. Working with internal and external Account Executives and Account Managers and Web Masters to resolve issues and offer solutions. Part of the Technology Solutions team routinely liaising with engineers and product development teams to improve Yahoo products and services. Worked with Yahoo Analytics, API, Search Submit Pro (Paid Inclusion), SmartAds (dynamic display ads) and Sponsored Search.
- Jan 16, 2006 - Mar 1, 2007
- • Solely responsible for Pricegrabber.ca. -- eCommerce and PPC advertising • Resuscitated merchant coverage in all categories. • Video Games Channel launch in November, 2006. • Account Management of existing Canadian accounts. • Work in English and French. • General business development • Routinely addressed technical issues, improvements to the site, international hurdles, etc.
International TV Ad Sales Consultant
- Mediaplus Consulting (Belgium)
- Jan 1, 2005 - Jan 1, 2006
- Sale of advertising airtime in foreign countries for CBS2. One of two pre-production team members making exclusive 30-minute economic country-reports. PR, network sales, proposal-writing, script preparation for final product. Met various Government Ministers and company heads in each country to network and sell airtime. Exclusive projects on-location in Egypt, Curacao, and Malta. Sales training and headquarters in Brussels, Belgium. Met and exceeded sales goals in foreign countries by building a base and contact list by networking.
- International Policy Solutions (Journal)
- Sep 1, 2003 - Dec 1, 2004
- Founded an academic journal at UCSD's Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies. Was a contributing editor to Princeton's Journal of Public and International Affairs from 2002-2004 and wanted to help represent UCSD. Recruited interns (6-12 at a time) to help evangelize the journal, get submissions and review entries. Helped build a website, secure funding and got university permission to have the journal branded and part of UCSD. The journal is still active.
- Princeton University- Journal of Public and International Affairs
- Sep 10, 2002 - Jun 15, 2004
- Contributing editor representing University of California, San Diego's Graduate School of International Relations and Pacific Studies.Journal focuses on international policy at Princeton University's Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. Only schools officially in the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs (APSIA) contribute to the journal's content and management. I evangelized the journal, collected, approved, edited and submitted fitting submissions from my classmates. Traveled to Princeton University in Feb of each year to discuss submissions and decide amongst contributions from all APSIA member graduate/professional schools.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Apr 2, 2012 - Jun 29, 2012
- Touch Commerce offers pay for performance conversion marketing. Sr. PMM is responsible for market strategy, positioning, messaging, packaging/pricing, sales enablement, and sales tools development. Reporting to SVP of Marketing.
Senior Product Marketing Manager
- Jul 12, 2012 - Mar 8, 2013
- InMobi is the largest independent ad network in the world. InMobi owns Sprout, an intuitive, easy-to-use, sophisticated HTML5 ad builder.
Product Marketing (Measurement)
- Mar 11, 2013 - Current
University of California, San Diego - School of International Relations and Pacific Studies (IR/PS)
University of California, Santa Barbara
Université de Toulouse-le-Mirail (Toulouse II)