Updated April 2013
Microgrid Designer, Technical and Financial Modeler
Director, Microgrid Analytics
- Pareto Energy
- Feb 1, 2008 - Current
- Designer of renewable and alternative energy microgrid projects: systems comprised of local energy resources generating and distributing energy for nearby users. Projects (totaling 92MW of generation) included university and hospital campuses, airports, city/state government buildings, waste-to-energy facilities, high-density urban zones. • Expertise with performance and financial modeling drove the design of operational and project finance models to determine project viability and technical characteristics. Models include analysis of energy consumption (interval) data, multiple energy resources, utility tariffs, incentive programs, shared savings mechanisms, and detailed cash flows. • Familiarity with renewable and alternative energy technologies identified the appropriate configuration of energy resources for projects. Technical investigation skills produced accurate assessments of equipment operating characteristics. • Command of technical concepts formulated comprehensive energy-use load analyses and dispatch models for on-site energy systems. Solid understanding of electric distribution infrastructure and operations. • Information Visualization capacity crafted innovative ways of organizing and presenting complex data and technical information to non-technical audiences. This included distilling results from detailed models into actionable materials.
Extended Term Consultant
- The World Bank Group
- May 1, 2005 - Jan 31, 2008
- Led projects to enhance HR IT systems by improving system architecture, information visualization, content management, interface design, and user experience. Defined metrics which improved decision-making tools for Senior Management. Performed research and data analysis for managerial succession planning in the the Bank. • Familiarity with emerging information technologies contributed to selection of Institution-wide HR systems, helping interpret conceptual needs and translating these into functional requirements and program deliverables. Command of technical concepts facilitated communication between technical and non-technical stakeholders. • Analytics & Database skills produced a variety of research and data-analysis projects including frequent, comprehensive reports on management staffing trends delivered to the President and other members of Senior Management. • Information Technology landscape expertise and Experience with Interactive media informed the design and implementation of a Knowledgebase for the HR vice-presidency, enabling the capture of institutional know-how, taking advantage of a variety of new-media formats (wikis, blogs, content syndication, social tagging, etc.)
- Hussmann do Brasil, Ltda.
- Aug 1, 2001 - Apr 30, 2004
- Managed refrigeration systems and bottle cooler sales portfolios for various regions in Brazil (São Paulo & 9 Northeastern States): identification of potential customers, sales, and support. Daily work involved communications, public engagement and relations, lead generation, sales-quote production and delivery, and representative relations. • Product, region, and industry expertise drove Hussmann’s expansion into 9 states in Northeastern Brazil. Position entailed 75% travel commitment. • Communication skills conveyed detailed technical specifications in language accessible to non-technical audience, explaining equipment configurations, design specifications, energy consumption metrics, and price breakdowns.
- Organization of American States
- Jun 2, 1997 - Aug 29, 1997
- Intern, Unit for Sustainable Development & Environment
Miles, Daily Bike Commute
Interests Over Time
The George Washington University
International Science & Technology Policy
• Concentrations: Economics of Technological Change, Innovation Networks, Science & Technology for Development, Complexity & Innovation, Energy Systems, Information Technologies.
Masters Thesis: Technology & Development: Paradigms & Policy
International Relations / Romance Languages
• Double Major: International Relations (Political Science) & Romance Languages (Portuguese, Spanish, French)