With a wide range of experience including corporate communications, web content management and production, media planning, and human resources management -- I have been a key player in the growth and development of several start-ups. I am passionate about using innovative thinking to solve complex problems, and my innate ability to recognize potential while considering long-term impact and strategy allows me to make connections that align people and ideas into cohesive plans and new opportunities.
I'm currently working full-time as the Business Operations Manager for Inhabitat.com, while also pursuing my Master's Degree in Design Management at the Pratt Institute. As part of this program I'm the Executive Editor for the department's website and quarterly print publication, Catalyst Strategic Design Review.
Manager of Business Operations
- Jun 1, 2009 - Current
- + Acting as Project manager to define tactical requirements and scope for projects that reinforce best practices from creative briefing to launch. + Developed several successful cross-platform advertising campaigns, demonstrating the ability create engaging, audience-centric content and promotions. +Use Web Analytics to evaluate areas of successful implementation, and to determine areas of improvement for later iteration. + Composed compelling editorial content for publication on-site + Utilized and maintained social media presence and designed in-house banner campaign for the promotion of large-scale projects including: international design competitions, live webinars and product contests/giveaways. + Produced several large-scale networking events in New York City + Hired, trained and managed staff of assistants and interns. + Oversaw all financial activity, including payroll and the development and maintenance of a system to accurately record and track profit and loss.
- Brooklyn Artists Gym
- Feb 1, 2008 - May 1, 2009
- +Established online presence through social media tools such as facebook and twitter to better communicate company objectives and increase brand awareness. + Involved in all steps of event and show production including, concept and theme development, conducting targeted media pitches, designing and distributing promotional materials. + Utilized project management tools, specifically Google Docs to efficiently review and select artists submission for national juried shows with 300+ entrants
- New California Craftsmen
- Jan 1, 2005 - Feb 1, 2008
- + Provided administrative support to CEO, demonstrated the ability to improve procedures while meeting demanding deadlines. + Managed the details of special events, travel arrangements, corporate agendas and itineraries. +Designed promotional strategy and supporting mateirals to stimulate client interest and new sales leads. + Initiated and maintained vendor and subcontractor relationships and provided ongoing client outreach and support.
Savannah College of Art and Design
Marketing and Illustration
“I've had few professional relationships that have been as positive and productive as working with Rebecca. She's efficient, resourceful, and never hesitates to take initiative to improve her environment. ”Kevin DaliasCo-worker from Inhabitat.com
“Rebecca continues to be an invaluable voice in the project, and her curiosity and intellect make it a pleasure to work beside her.”Micah GoldstonClient for Freelance Consulting Job
“From day one you notice that Rebecca is spontaneous, intelligent and spirited. She’s always has tons of ideas and is willing to collaborate and execute the best solution right away. ”Jahnvi ManekFellow Student at Pratt Institute