Travis is an organizational designer. His goal is to move company and individuals from light bulb to launch. He regularly works with companies and organizations of all sizes to create systems that allow for efficient growth and increased impact. A performer by nature, he spent three years doing standup comedy in an effort to hone his writing and speaking skills, but fell in love with the process of comedy. He still acts form time to time, usually assuming the role of a business consultant or entrepreneur.
His academic training is in the area of organizational psychology and marketing. He frequently speaks on topics such as innovation, business growth, communication, leadership, creativity, branding and social media.
He spends his free time wandering around the urban core, drinking whiskey and grubbing on vegetarian food. He also has a thing for bricks.
“Travis' work can be summed up in one word: smart. His work is always academically grounded, strategically sound and yet conscious of 'real' world business issues and timing. Travis has a keen sense for not only uncovering potential problems, but seeing opportunities that others may not notice. If you need a true thinker who can also produce work that has measurable business results, then Travis Sheridan should be on your speed dial.”Michael Dunn, Executive Creative DirectorD U N N brand agency
“Travis is a leader with clear communication skills. He directed the board members of Creative Fresno through a mission and vision process. The successful process guided Creative Fresno to implement many goals. Travis is a driving force in making Fresno a vibrant city.”Laura Fultz, Regional Conservation OrganizerSierra Club
“Travis played an instrumental role in helping our company through rapid change. He attends to every subtle detail to ensure the participants are fully involved. He is a dynamic speaker with a humble confidence that makes him very approachable.”Ross Yukawa, Art DirectorASTONE
“I would have highlighted Travis as being personable except for the fact that this characteristic is readily evident the moment you meet him. He's a learner, he listens and he is quick to discern the important pieces. With those, he works to formulate an interactive exchange of ideas in a way that promotes out-of-the-box thinking that somehow stays rooted in who you are and what you believe in. This is a great way to create a brand that everybody can really learn to love...”Linda Gleason, Chief Operating Office/Marketing DirectorGleason Group
“Travis is sharp and personable. An organizational powerhouse, he understands what makes people connect best.”Mark Stout, Community & Government Relations,Cleantech America, Inc.
“Travis is the ultimate professional. While Travis possesses many strengths, his ability to change and mold corporations is a talent like none other. Travis will become a part of your organization; he will identify challenges, provide solutions and improve cross-departmental communications. He is a patient teacher, an enthusiastic and passionate motivator with the ability to provide your organization with results.”Amanda Gray, Account CoordinatorASTONE
“Travis is a skilled facilitator and presenter. He has the ability to engage parties in a collaborative fashion. Travis is process focused, but realizes that people are part of the process.”Suzanne Bertz-Rosa, Contract Art Director & Marketing StrategistBertz-Rosa Design
“Travis is one of the few public speakers whom I can truly say brings a smile to a crowd’s face. He has the rare ability to effectively communicate clear and concise ideas while keeping his audience engaged the entire time. Travis has a keen ability to identify the trouble areas in a company and address the issues in a way that provides useful real-world solutions. If you listen closely in the hallways after one of his presentations you will definitely hear people saying, ‘Wow, that was good.’”Erin Cameron, Producer/Director
Assistant VP, Innovation & Entrepreneruship
- St. Louis Economic Development Partnership
- May 21, 2012 - Current
- Drive entrepreneurs toward customer and capital readiness, manage milestone-based growth plans, and coordinate mentoring services. Create an environment in which success is the most likely outcome for disruptive innovators and talented entrepreneurs. Responsible for client recruitment, management and implementation of the programs of the STLVentureWorks (STLVW) and Helix Center Biotech Incubator (Helix Center) programs, providing key engagement with client companies and prospects. Responsible for developing, funding and managing entrepreneurial support projects undertaken by the division/SLCEC, as assigned. Works with government, business, and community leaders to develop opportunities to support STLVW and Helix Center clients and start-up businesses. Responsibilities include: program administration, public relations, program presentation, program management, fundraising and budgeting.
- The Hashtag
- May 15, 2011 - Current
- Co-founder of the region's only co-work space for creative professionals. The Hashtag provides 24/7/365 access to those who wish to work | play | create.
Director of Marketing & Business Development
- Central Valley Business Incubator
- Jul 1, 2007 - Jan 20, 2012
- In this capacity, Travis coaches and consults entrepreneurs on a wide array of business topics including marketing, finance, accounting, organizational development and strategy. He has developed a Business Readiness Assessment which is used to determine an entrepreneur’s growth plan and ultimately launch a successful endeavor. Travis also oversees CVBI’s Business Planning Course which serves 120 entrepreneurs per year in the development of a business plan.
- Creative Fresno Board of Directors
- Apr 1, 2006 - Mar 1, 2010
Director of Public Relations & Organizational Change
- Jul 1, 2006 - Jul 1, 2007
- Managed public relations business unit and supervised six employees located at multiple sites. Managed portfolio of clients and sold agency solutions to deepen relationships. Created standards for brand-based hiring and performance management. Developed and maintained relationships with key media personnel. Assisted with post-acquisition assimilation of new team. Served as spokesperson for agency
- San Joaquin Valley College
- Aug 1, 2004 - Jul 1, 2006
- Lead campus-wide change that resulted in increased student satisfaction, improved graduation rates, improved employee morale and increased profitability. The change involved cultural mindset shifts, new process adoption and an initial reduction in force. Lead sales process change and leadership development initiatives resulting in record-setting lead conversion (13.7% conversion compared to the company average of 9.5%), improved graduation rates, promotion-ready personnel and increased profitability
- State Center Community College District & Fresno State University
- Sep 1, 2001 - Dec 1, 2010
- Experience teaching the following classes: - Opportunity Assessment (California State University, Fresno) - Introduction to Management (Three-Site Distance Learning) - Human Relations (Traditional Format and Two-Site Distance Learning) - Planning and Leadership - Customer Service - Personnel Issues - Ethics and Values - Communication and Conflict Management
Bank Manager/Sales Manager
- Citi Group
- Nov 1, 2001 - Aug 1, 2004
- Managed office through large merger with zero merger-related turnover and 97% customer retention (regional average was 78%). Retention resulted in overall profitability.
West Virginia University
Intergrated Marketing Communications
University of La Verne
Organizational Leadership (ABD)
Alliant International University-Fresno
Fresno Pacific University